Tuesday, June 23, 2015

From the mouth of Sir Quentin Blake

Took note of these thought-provoking quotes by fave British illustrator Sir Quentin Blake from browsing through an interesting book at the library: "Show Me a Story! Why Picture Books Matter. Conversations with 21 of the World's Most Celebrated Illustrators," compiled and edited by Leonard S. Marcus.

"If I go to an art school I might stop reading, whereas if I go to university I know I won't stop drawing."

"The theater aspect of illustration is very important to me."

"The strange thing is that when a picture is hanging in a museum, people will look at it as art, but if a picture is printed on paper, they may look at it as ephemeral."



2 comments:

  1. really interesting reading, when i am read very pleased and want to continue to read it. Good luck with this article. I also have articles that may be beneficial, as this article: cara menyembuhkan kulit kepala yang mengelupas cara mengobati batuk cara mengobati leukemiaor also this article: obat benjolan dibelakang telinga obat kanker darah pengobatan alternatif penyakit gula I believe it would be useful. and which is also very useful to increase knowledge pengobatan alternatif penyakit jantung koroner obat luka di kaki akibat diabetes cara menghilangkan batu empedu pengobatan alternatif penyakit stroke may be useful thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so amazed with the article, it was incredible, I loved it. sorry if I deviated, I want to share health articles, money may be useful as the following articles: obat ckd obat liper obat alergi kulit bertahun-tahun or perhaps the next article, pengobatan alternatif kanker selain kemoterapi obat herbal kurap di kulit kepala May I share articles, it may be useful to other people. obat lipoma untuk benjolan di leher cara menghilangkan jerawat batu May I share articles, it may be useful to other people. obat kelenjar getah bening untuk benjolan di leher, ketiak dan di belekang telinga

    ReplyDelete