Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The BBOOOOOOKKKK!!!

Today is the official book release date of The Art of Urban Sketching.


The title of this post comes from the subject line of an e-mail I received yesterday from my sketcher friend Teresa Lawson in Port Townsend, WA. Her excitement about The Art of Urban Sketching makes me realize that it was all worth the effort!

I hope the book will inspire many artists like Teresa to keep sketching their cities and motivate others to get started. A huge thank you goes to all the urban sketchers who contributed and trusted me with their words and pictures, and to my one-of-a-kind spouse and family for the support, encouragement and all those hours spent downloading and cataloguing tiff files so I could spend more time curating the content.

If you pick up a copy and like it, consider leaving your feedback on the Amazon page so others can learn more about the book.

Happy urban sketching, folks!

13 comments:

  1. Hi gabi, yes! You dont think, 2 yers ago, that the all thing come to this point, would you?
    Congrats, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joshua!
    José, knowing how good the artists on the blog are, like you, I'm not surprise we have gotten this far. But at the beginning I didn't have any idea that this could happen. It's been incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to bad amazon.co.uk says that delivery have been delayed...
    i was so impatient to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog

    http://my-way-here.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you Gabi! You must be very proud to see all your hard work produce such a fine book. I got it the other day and pour over it every chance I get a quiet moment. Thank you and all your contributors it is very inspiring and a wonderful reference source.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicitaciones Gabi!!! Ya lo encargo en Amazon, un gustazo ver crecer USKs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ! I'he just aquestion. Do you translate your book in french?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! I'he just aquestion. Do you translate your book in french?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Urban Sketchers site is one of the things that motivated me to start sketching on location. I ordered a copy of the book the other day, looking forward to receiving a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pollock, sorry for the late reply. My publisher just informed me that they have sold the French edition of the book, but it will not come out until 2013. I hope you can wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so neat! I see it's sold out in many places including Amazon? Is it being reprinted?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome. Congrats on such a big achievement. Looking into this as a gift for my hubby.

    ReplyDelete