Friday, September 30, 2011

The Art of Urban Sketching is off to press



It's been about a year since I signed the contract to produce this book, so imagine how it feels to see it go off to press! Thanks to all the urban sketchers around the world who contributed, trusting me with with their words and pictures, and to my publisher, Quarry Books, for making this inspiring volume a reality.

The Art of Urban Sketching, featuring more than 500 sketches from 55 cities around the world, will start arriving at a bookstore near you in February. For a guaranteed discounted price, you may pre-order it now on Amazon.

Above is the book jacket, which, just like the prototypes my kids drew, features great drawings, great typography and a classy design by British design firm studioink. Click on the image to get a closer look.

6 comments:

  1. Great, Gabi; I'm sure it will be a sucess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your persistent work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very exciting. Congratulations on completing the work and getting it published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabi,
    I'm very excited for you and look forward to viewing it. Thanks for doing this.
    Frank B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Congratulations! And, it'll be available in time for someone to give it to me for my birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for publishing this book...looking forward to it! Awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete