Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best-seller in the making



I've been working on "The Art of Urban Sketching," a book featuring the work of correspondents of the Urban Sketchers site, for the past six months. From Seattle to Sydney, 55 cities around the globe are represented in an awesome volume being published by Quarry Books, an imprint of Rockport Publishers. The book will come to a bookstore near you in 2012.

I hope to do more posts sharing some insights about urban sketching that I've learned from the artists featured. In the meantime, check out these cool covers my son and daughter designed in a show of support for the project. Aren't they fabulous? I love my daughter's rendition of the Space Needle and my son's knack for typography!

10 comments:

  1. Kids can sketcher too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! The quality of the corespondents work on Urban Sketches guarantees you're going to have an amazing book. And I love those covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auguri per questa tua nuova idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Gabi. I know you've been hard at work getting great sketches in there. Can't wait to buy my copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabi, I just dicovered your work and I FREAKING LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your sketches blew me away, I totally love your style.
    Keep them coming !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments guys. Yes, the book will be great with such great contributions, stay tuned! Quentin, nice to meet you, I appreciate the passionate endorsement, WAY COOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to it! I love your work, and will be visiting more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea. Can't wait to buy it.

    ReplyDelete