Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sketching aboard the West Seattle Water Taxi

Captain Neal Amaral
Twitpic aboard the Rachel Marie water taxi while sketching captain Neal Amaral. My sketchbook is a 9" x 12" Canson Montval® Field All-Media Book. Acid Free 90 lb. Cold Press Watercolor Paper.

I'm a city kid used to subways and buses, not ferries or water taxis. Commuting by boat sounds like going on a vacation. I have a little envy of commuters who get to enjoy views of the Puget Sound and the city skyline as the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening.

This week I had the opportunity to see what that feels like when I rode the West Seattle Water Taxi, sketching a couple of commuters as well as the captain. See the drawings and read my story over at


  1. Great work, Gabi and I loved to see and read at the paper.

  2. That's Good..! Great work by Gabi.