Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pencil + pocket sketchbook = favorite passtime

A couple of drawings with my Staedler leadholder (HB lead) on my pocket moleskine.

pencilrestaurant
At the restaurant.

pencilsubway
On the bus.

pencildoctor
And one with a 4H pencil. It's not my favorite grade for this type of sketches but is the only pencil I had in my coat. I was at the doctor's office and couldn't resist a doing quick self-portrait up against the mirror.

The mood of all these sketches is kind of somber but they were really fun to draw.

9 comments:

  1. Me gusta mucho el autorretrato. ¿te has dejado perilla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias Clara! no, no es perilla, creo que me pasé un poco con la sombra debajo del labio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:24 AM

    you just have to draw, ha! :) great job. I enjoy very much your drawings. It's the best part of the ST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:54 AM

    ..forgot to ask you, what are you using as a sketch-pen and what are the colours ?( water? etc.) can you please post about your technic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoy the drawings! I use a Lamy Fountain Pen and watercolors. I need to work on some more detailed posts about my tools. I take note of that!

    What's your name by the way? It feels strange to reply to "Anonymous"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like the lead-holder, Gabi? I'm really enjoying mine and use it all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belíssimo blog! Desenhos muito bons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketches in a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! super nice sketches. .=)

    ReplyDelete