Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sketcher at Montserrat College of Art



I've taken a little bit of the Northwest to the Northeast. Some of my Sketcher pieces are part of the exhibit "On Location: Drawing Every Day," at Montserrat Galleries in Beverly, Mass., where I travelled recently for a 3-day artist residency at Montserrat College of Art. I met students of the illustration program, attended the exhibit's artist reception and led a sketchcrawl with more than 40 students and staff in Beverly's picturesque downtown.

The idea of a show of location drawings came from Fred Lynch, a faculty member at the school and fellow urban sketcher. The exhibit includes work by Lynch and other top-notch reportage illustrators I'm proud to be associated with: Peter Arkle, Elissa Della-Piana, Margaret Hurst, Kyle David Lindholm and Veronica Lawlor.

I had a fabulous time! Thanks to Fred, Leonie, Lucas, Maggie and everyone at Monserrat for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to talk about my work.

1 comment:

  1. Hola !
    Siempre un placer descubrir tan preciosas imagenes!

    Referiendome al mercado de seattle...
    La universalidad de los preparativos navideƱos,parece "borrar" la distancia que separa Extremadura de estados Unidos.
    Un saludo
    Aluisa

    ReplyDelete