Sunday, February 7, 2010

In the news

My sketching activities got a lot of media attention in January. What a great way to start the year!

theartistsmagazine
The Artist's Magazine kicked off a feature called "From the sketchbook of..." with one of my sketches. Stay tuned for more urban sketchers to appear in this feature starting in April.

El País. January 21st, 2010
I was interviewed for this story about Urban Sketchers that ran in El País, the largest daily newspaper in Spain, on January 21.


Seattle videojournalist David Albright shot and edited this video for the Capitol Hill blog. You can see me sketching and interviewing people for my newspaper feature Seattle Sketcher.

14 comments:

  1. Hey, wonderful news about you in Artist's Magazine! Do you think I can still get a copy??
    I'll email them and see!
    Congratulations on all fronts, Gabi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the interview ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to hear your voice! great interview, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Wonderful to get an audio to the "still" images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Gabriel! Great flick. Love you loose style and quick methods. It was great to see now only what you do but how you do it.
    ...dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all the press! Loved the video too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work and activities, Gabi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - It's great to see how much Urban Sketchers has really taken off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! i'm truly amazed by your work! me gusta mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's brilliant news gabi ...CONGRATULATIONS ..... really enjoyed the video ..new layout looks good

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear your voice and see what you look like. I REALLY enjoyed the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Felicidades! Me gusta mucho tu blog, y tus sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok...draw more, draw more, draw more. My new mantra!

    I tried to sign your guest book...it doesn't work. I think comments on pages have glitches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff! Every city should be so lucky to have someone like you!!
    Continued success!

    ReplyDelete