Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This just in: The Seattle Sketcher is moving!

That's right, but not far away! 

On April 28th I will stop blogging here and start doing it at Seattle Times dot com, where I'm thrilled to join my newspaper's talented team of bloggers.

The official launch is not until April 28th, but I'm already starting to post there. It will mean a lot to me if you take the time to register, drop a comment and put in a good word for me. While there are things on the new blog you may not like, blogging on my newspaper's website will allow me to get better at drawing and writing and ultimately make a better sketchblog for you to enjoy!


  1. Moltes felicitats!!!

  2. Un buen paso adelante. Felicidades! que lo disfrutes y que siga teniendo el blog, ahora en el periódico.

    Great step! Congratulations! Enyoy it and I hope everything will be all right.

  3. Congrats, Gabi! Very cool.

  4. Really great reportage through illustrations. I'm a big fan of USk and started posting my iPod sketches.

    This blog has really inspiring work and also well organized in categories.

    The spontaneity in the sketches add lot of character and brings out the culture of a particular place.

  5. Wow! Cool! Congratulations Gabi!

  6. Felicidades Gabriel.
    Todo a su tiempo, eh?

    Alla le seguire entoneces.
    Cuidece y siga creando.

  7. Carmen11:00 PM

    Very cool! Congratulations and I'll be sure to check your blog out there...always such a pleasure to see what you've been working on!

  8. thank you! i'm really excited about the new blog, i think it will open a lot of sketch/reporting possibilities.

  9. Pues nada, a registrarse y comentarte en el nuevo sitio...espero que no pierdas el toque y no te "corporativices" demasiado. ¡Felicidades!
    Seguiré leyéndote desde donde esté.
    Sigue pendiente la visita a la planta de Everett, no me olvido, pero ahora desde España está complicado...
    En mayo estoy por ahí, a ver si se puede hacer algo...

  10. gracias Carlos! aquí me tienes para lo que necesites, Boeing es un tema interesantísimo como ya sabes! tienes que venir más a menudo y pegarles un toque para que salta pronto el 787 ;)

  11. Great, Gabi! I immediately registered, but I did not see your blog when I clicked on the "blog" link on the Times. Where do I go to "put in a good word" for you?

  12. thanks Jack! the blog will show up on the 'blogs' link on April 28th, which is the official launch date. i'm just starting to post there so new visitors we'll have posts to browse on the first day. you may just leave a comment on the welcome post, thanks so much!