Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nice to meet you Lapin

atlapins041009h
View larger

There is another sketcher I met during my vacation in Spain. A very special one: the first correspondent of Urban Sketchers I meet in person and one of the original founders of the blog. He actually did the first post when we launched in November. I'm talking about Lapin (pronounced la-pən.) I've been a fan of his work for a long time and was delighted when he accepted my invitation to join USk without hesitation, when we had no idea how this experiment would turn out. 

Even though I hardly spent any time in Barcelona I managed to see him and his girlfriend at their awesome loft in the Poblenou neighborhood, which is just a few blocks away from the beach and the Olympic Village.

atlapinsdos041009m

We talked non-stop about our shared passion for drawing and sketching and how cool it would be to have an urban sketchers meet-up somewhere. We also had some Estrella beer, salchichón and Italian cheese he had just brought from Bologna. A sketch was obviously mandatory to mark the occasion.

Having met Lapin now, I think I should travel around the world and meet as many urban sketchers as I can. It may take me a lifetime but I sure want to do it!

4 comments:

  1. Olá Gabi. Podias ter passado por Lisboa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ola Eduardo, I wanted to go to Lisbon but we didn't have much time overall to see family in BCN and Extremadura, but next time for sure! I was even talking to my wife about flying to Lisbon and then drive to my parents' hometown north of Sevilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Gabi, me han silbado un poco los oidos y ahora que veo los dibujos me estoy poniendo verde de envidia porque estaba a 400 km de vosotros, aunque sin ninguna posibilidad de escapar (la familia, ya sabes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabi,

    I have been following your blog for awhile now and am so very inspired by your drawings and journal. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete