Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back in Seattle

schiphol041109

After a couple of weeks in Spain visiting my extended family, eating jamón serrano, having tapas, catching up with some friends and being surrounded by beautiful ancient and modern architecture, I'm back in town and back to blogging. Lots of sketches to come over the next few days.

We landed in Seattle on Saturday, which happened to be the day of the 22nd Worldwide Sketchcrawl. I couldn't join the group of sketchers here but I managed to do a sketch of the plane that brought us home. We landed at 11.10 a.m. and I thought I could possibly do more sketches the rest of the day to properly observe the global sketching day. But I didn't. It had been 15 hours since our first flight had taken off from Barcelona. I was toasted. As I write this I still have a mix of jetlag and craving for tortilla de patata in fact.

7 comments:

  1. I really like your work, would you please check out http://apatchworkofflesh.blogspot.com/ for details of a Frankenstein art project I am running. If you think you can spare the time, I'd love some involvement from you (and your readers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have you back!! Hope the jetlag isn't too bad.

    I can't wait to see all of your sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging.
    Longing to see the new sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for yours 7th anniversary!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben Soto1:05 PM

    dude i love your journals, i love them. so inspiring. Glad to see you're back. I love the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great plain! Welcome back - looking forward to see your trip sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back....beautiful sketch.

    ReplyDelete