Random notes and commentary on illustration, urban sketching, art and visual communication by newspaper artist and Urban Sketchers founder Gabriel Campanario.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

pi031009h

Even though yesterday was the deadline set by the P-I's parent company to shut the newspaper, there has not been an official announcement as to when that is going to happen. I feel very fortunate to work for the other newspaper in town, The Seattle Times, but I'm really saddened by the fate of the P-I. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the P-I journalists to go thru this. The only bright side is that the newspaper will likely continue as a web-only operation, but that will only employ a very small fraction of the current newsroom.

Yesterday I went down to draw the building, which has one of the coolest newspaper signs I've ever seen. Their slogan "It's in the P-I" rotates around the globe.

4 comments:

  1. Todo tu trabajo es increible, estoy realmente fascinada,
    la linea, el trazo, el color... maravilloso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little off point perhaps, but have you decided to stop blogging in both Spanish and English now?
    If so, it's a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Jack, i have not really, i've just been really pressed for time these past weeks, by the time i get to write these posts is usually past midnight and i'm exhausted. i'm glad someone is noticing though

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great blog, it's amazing you manage to post so much of great interest.

    Selfishly, I enjoy the Spanish bits because I'm trying to learn the language that's all.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete