Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanks for visiting!

commuters111208m
A spread of commuter sketches.

I could go on and on about how much I love to draw what's in front of my eyes, but there's one thing that really keeps me drawing, and that's seeing more people visiting this blog every day. And getting messages like this one:

"I went to school and lived in Seattle through the eighties, but even after moving back to the Philippines, I still miss the atmosphere of the Pacific Northwest. Your sketches and blog help me stay connected with the Seattle I still miss from time to time.

Gracias!

Raul"


That made my day. Thanks Raul! I hope you don't mind that I shared your words here. Thanks everyone for keeping up with this Seattle Sketcher.

[ Podría enrollarme diciendo cuánto me gusta dibujar todo lo que se me pone por delante, pero lo que realmente me motiva a seguir dibujando es ver cuánta gente pasa por aquí cada día. Y recibir mensajes como éste: "Estudié en Seattle en los años 80 pero incluso después de haber vuelto a las Filipinas echo de menos el ambiente del Noroeste del Pacífico. Tus dibujos y el blog me ayudan a seguir conectado con el Seattle que echo de menos de tanto en tanto. Gracias!" Este mensaje me alegró el día. Gracias Raul, espero que no te importe que lo haya publicado aquí. Gracias a todos por visitar Seattle Sketcher. ]

3 comments:

  1. Same with me! I lived in Seattle back in the mid nineties and nowadays your blog is what connects me to the place.

    Lo mejor de todo es que el puente lo tienda un Spaniard like yourself.

    Mil gracias, Gabi, and say hello to Rainier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoy, mientras esperaba a que terminase la operación de mi madre...trate de emularte...pero me es imposible..serguire practicando. Saudos e apertas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine my surprise to see my note on your blog! Keep those sketches coming, Gabi!
    Thanks again.
    Raul

    ReplyDelete