Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Home sweet home

oliviawatchestv120808m

Yesterday both my daughter and I were sick with colds and stayed home. I hardly ever draw my own family but when she was watching Dora the Explorer on TV I couldn't let the opportunity pass —she only changed positions twice. When I showed her the drawing she said: "Oh, that's me! It's pretty looking good!" which is best thing I've ever heard!

[ Ayer mi hija y yo nos quedamos en casa porque estábamos resfriados. Casi nunca dibujo a mi propia familia pero no quise dejar escapar esta oportunidad. Olivia estaba viendo Dora la Exploradora en la tele y sólo se movió un par de veces. Cuando le enseñé el dibujo me dijo: "¡Oh, esa soy yo! ¡Te ha quedado bien bonito!". Con eso me quedé la mar de contento. ]

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Gabi. I stayed home sick with a cold yesterday too, and drew my son on the couch doing his homework. Hope you get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gret post. Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡pobrecita! ¡Que os mejoréis pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now you have the cold from hell! I've had it twice now - it comes back again. ;)

    Gabi - have you ever kept a sketchbook at home just for drawing your family? After all, they're only little once - plus won't it be nice in 20-30 years time when they're telling their kids about how Dad used to draw them all the time? Have you seen the one Julie Oakley keeps?

    I hope you and Olivia get better quickly and don't get the second dose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice drawing, Gabi! After all, your family is a part of the city too ;) And expression and legs on the chair look especially well rendered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muy bonito si, mis hijos no me dicen nada se han acostumbrado a verme siempre dibujarlos, un saludo, sigo muy amenudo tu blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, thanks for all the best wishes! we're feeling better thank you!

    Katherine, the 'home sketchbook' sounds like a great idea, i may try that

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I found your blog!! I love your sketches-I hope to be able to do this someday:)

    ReplyDelete