Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Storyboard notebook


Pigma Graphic 1 and gouache.

Michelle got me a storyboard notebook moleskine for my birthday. It has the same kind of pages as the moleskine sketchbook but with frames. The first half of the book has two frames per page, the second half has four per page. At first I didn't know what to make of it, but after trying it yesterday with a sequence of moments throughtout my day I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Have a great Thanksgiving day tomorrow! I'll be back to the blog on Monday.

[ Michelle me regaló un moleskine tipo storyboard por mi cumpleaños. Tiene el mismo tipo de páginas que el moleskine de dibujo pero con recuadros. Dos por página en la primera mitad del cuaderno y cuatro por página en la segunda mitad. Al principio no sabía muy bien qué utilidad tendría, pero después de probarlo ayer por primera vez con una secuencia de momentos a lo largo del día creo que va a ser entretenido utilizar este nuevo formato. ¶ Por cierto, feliz día de Acción de Gracias mañana. Volveré al blog el lunes. ]


  1. Me encnata ver EE UU a traves de tus ojos. saúdos

  2. This looks great Gabi - you're making good use of the format!

  3. Great, great. Its the day life in comics.

  4. These are lovely sketches - a storyboard format can be so much fun (I did thousands of them once upon a time!). I'm so honoured to have you as a follower on my blog!

  5. I'm so happy I found your blog, thanks for coming to visit me. I'm hooked on your great sketches, I'll be a regular. Especially the cars!

  6. I have been thoroughly enjoying your blog and urbansketchers.

    Thank you again for sharing yourself.

    Here's something I discovered a few years back and thought you may enjoy it. Rural/urban sketches from a 19 year old English painter.

    Palmer's Sketchbook of 1824.


  7. thanks for all the comments folks!

    @marie, that's a great link, thanks for sharing it!