Friday, October 10, 2008

Group blog to showcase sketchers of the world

urbansketchersflag600

If you enjoy coming to my blog for drawings and commentary about Seattle, perhaps you'll also enjoy a similar experience with drawings from San Francisco, Madrid, New York, Paris... all in the same spot. That's the idea behind Urban Sketchers, a group blog I'm launching with the help from my favorite artists in the blogosphere who, like me, fill their sketchbooks with drawings and notes about life in the cities where they live.

We'll go live on November 1st, but in the meantime and as we round up the team of correspondents, we'll be posting profiles of the artists. Check it out and take a browse through the blogs of contributors like Eduardo Salavisa in Lisbon, João Pinheiro in Sao Paulo or Wil Freeborn in Glasgow, just to name a few.

[ Si te gustan mis dibujos y comentarios sobre Seattle, imagínate una experiencia similar con dibujos y observaciones sobre San Francisco, Madrid, Nueva York, París... en el mismo blog. Esa es la idea de Urban Sketchers, un blog colectivo que estoy preparando con la ayuda de mis colegas favoritos en la blogosfera que, como yo, llenan sus cuadernos con dibujos y anotaciones sobre la vida en las ciudades donde viven. ¶ El blog se inaugurará el día 1 de Noviembre, pero mientras acabamos de perfilar el equipo de corresponsales iremos poniendo perfiles de los colaboradores. No te vayas sin visitarlo y pasarte por los blogs de dibujantes como Eduardo Salavisa en Lisboa, João Pinheiro en Sao Paulo o Wil Freeborn en Glasgow, por nombrar sólo unos cuantos. ]

12 comments:

  1. looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Can't wait to follow the work of these artists and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Gabi, que tal? Mira, yo soy portugues que estoy estudiando en Madrid, me gustaria de colaborar en nuevo blog Urban Sketchers es posible? Si quieres puedes pasarte por mim blog: www.cadernoviagens.blogspot.com
    Abrazo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gabi. I would love to join the urban sketchers. How can I do it?
    My address is on the profile of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Gabi. Looking forward to enjoying the sketches from your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and wonderful participants, Gabi!
    I think I will jump on the wagon and in the same spirit do some urban sketching illustrating life in silicon valley;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Gabi.

    I've been enjoying your blog and look forward to following the Urban Sketchers. I draw daily for my own blog, woolgathering..., and contribute weekly sketches of Pittsburgh to the blog Clusterflock, which I also post to flickr. If you'd be interested in drawings from my city, I'd love to participate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for all the response and also interest in participating, i'm off to check your drawings and will be in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yey! your idea is great and it got very popular! Please consider my drawings as well - of London, England

    Question: do you envision it a daily exercise?
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I am really looking forward to the launch of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gabi, if you'd like to see another urban sketcher please find me at www.alternativeplot.co.uk love your sketches... stef

    ReplyDelete
  12. Checked out the contributors list and found a few of my favorite sketchers there. Looking forward to seeing the work of the others.

    Will all the posts have English subtitles for we Ugly Americans who are multi-lingual failures???

    ReplyDelete