Friday, October 17, 2008

Global sketchers

Another moleskine spread of commuter drawings.

It was just last Friday that I was letting you know about Urban Sketchers, a group blog of artists around the world who draw in their cities just like I do in Seattle.

I think we're off to a good start, with 30-plus correspondents in four continents so far. If you have any free time this weekend I recommend you go visit their blogs or Flickr accounts for some global sketching goodness. And don't miss the group Flickr pool either.

[ Hace tan sólo una semana que os hablaba de Urban Sketchers, un blog colectivo de artistas en todo el mundo que dibujan en sus ciudades igual que yo lo hago en Seattle. ¶ Creo que estamos empezando ese blog con muy buen pié. Ya somos más de 30 corresponsales en cuatro continentes. Si te queda algo de tiempo este fin de semana te recomiendo que visites sus blogs para deleitarte en sus apuntes urbanos. Y no te pierdas la página del grupo en Flickr. ]


  1. Great sketches, Gabi. I'll be sure to check out that pool - what a wonderful idea.

  2. Hi, Gabi.
    I'm going to join in the chorus of supporters for this cool project. Great idea! I'm promoting it today on my blog at with links to Urban Sketcher.
    Very best wishes!

  3. Can I be an urban sketcher for san diego?

    it's a great idea!!

  4. Quereis a alguien de Sydney? Puedo pasarte algunos sketches primero... ya me diras algo... pero os falta ese continente :)