Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Caught in the act

Interstate 5 from Eastlake Ave. E and Aloha St. Drawn on location with Pigma Micron 08 on pocket moleskine sketchbook. Gouache colors added later.

My most recent post where I mentioned that freeways killed the trolleys in Seattle gave me the idea to go sketch a piece of I-5 next.

I'm glad I did because Jeff, whom I'd met on Flickr but never in person, caught me sketching and guessed it was me. Of course, how many other people sketch around South Lake Union in the middle of the day? Probably not many. Still, what a coincidence. (Hi Jeff!)

[ Mi post más reciente en el que comentaba cómo las autopistas acabaron con los tranvías en Seattle me dio la idea de hacer un sketch de la Interestatal 5. ¶ Y me alegro de que así fuera porque me encontré con Jeff, a quien había conocido en Flickr pero nunca en persona. Me vio dibujando y adivinó que era yo. Claro está, no creo que haya mucha gente en pleno día dibujando en South Lake Union. De todas maneras, menuda coincidencia. (¡Hola Jeff!) ]

1 comment:

  1. I like this piece a lot because it is an observation, a piece of everyday life that people often overlook and yet, there is something in the form which you capture well.

    You're very accomplished. In the many illustrations that I have seen, you employ a number of techniques or perhaps styles to capture the urbanscape appropriately.