Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stop throwing rocks at me, dude!

republicanhousespair082608m
08.26.08 — Houses at Republican Street between Fairview and Boren. Sketched sitting on a parking brick across the street.

There are still a couple of old, crumbling houses on Republican Street I hadn't drawn before. Their turn came yesterday on another quick sketchcrawl with Eric. He tried again to mess me up by throwing little rocks at my moleskine. He is insane! I think he got mad because the cars on my drawing turned out better than his. When we got back to the newsroom he drew a very mean caricature of me. My advice, watch out who your sketching friends are!

Now, seriously, he's the nicest guy and he did a great sketch with lots of detail like a bird house that you can't really see on mine. Don't leave without checking out his pointless doodles and his hilarious political cartoons on Flickr and on his Seattle Times blog Antagonistic Ink.

New to the blog?
• Go to seattlesketcher.com for more information or check out the page on Facebook.

[ Hay un par de casas antiguas en Republican Street que no había dibujado todavía. Ayer les tocó el turno cuando salí de nuevo a dibujar con Eric. El tipo intentó otra vez que me equivocara tirando piedrecitas a mi cuaderno. ¡Está sonado! Creo que se enfadó porque a mí me salieron los coches mejor que a él. Cuando volvimos a la redacción me hizo una caricatura con mala leche. Mi consejo, ¡vigila con quien sales a dibujar! ¶ Ahora en serio, Eric es un tío majísimo y le salió un dibujo buenísimo, con mucho detalle como la jaula de pájaros en la casa de la derecha que en mi sketch no se distingue. No os vayáis sin pasar por sus pointless doodles y también su galería de viñetas políticas en Flickr y en su blog en el Seattle Times Antagonistic Ink. ¶ • ¿Acabas de llegar al blog? Para más información pásate por seattlesketcher.com o por la página en Facebook. ]

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd read republican and old, crumbling houses in the same sentence.

    Nice drawing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch, Gabi! And I loved the caricature of you too!

    ReplyDelete