Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring reading





©The Seattle Times
When it comes to illustrate stories at the paper I enjoy the lighthearted assignments over the serious topics. This was for the Spring books preview, which ran last Sunday. My art director liked the expressions and energy of the skech and I tried not to kill too much of that spontaneity on the final artwork.
Cuando se trata de ilustrar artículos en el periódico siempre me gustan más los temas más festivos, no los serios. Hice estas ilustraciones para el avance de libros de la primavera que se publicó el pasado domingo. A mi directora de arte le gustó la expresividad y el trazo espontáneo del boceto así que intenté no cargármelo mucho al hacer el arte final.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Gabi, these are so, so funny! I dare anyone to look them and not smile. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these-especially the mom reading with the stroller. I read while pushing the stroller, and you need to look up to see what's ahead of you every so often! Other than that, it's a fine habit.

    Excellent drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, make sure you stay on the path with that stroller! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, my daughter loves her new polka dots dress and that's why I drew the little girl with a similar one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this charming illo. Makes me want to grab a good book and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mi me parece que lo conseguistes :) Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete