Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Alley number 3

alleynumberthree031108m

After three sketches of alleys I can officially say that I've got the alley sketching bug. What I like about these: they're fast to do, they show urban spaces that we usually don't pay attention to, and, last but not least, the perspective is always fun to draw.

Éste es el tercer apunte que hago de un callejón. Ya puedo decir que me ha picado la mosca de dibujar callejuelas. Las razones: estos apuntes son rápidos de hacer, muestran espacios urbanos a los que normalmente no les prestamos atención y, por último, las perspectivas siempre son entretenidas de dibujar.

6 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your alley sketches. The one recently with the Space Needle was a favorite even though it was from an alley. I am fond of Seattle since that is where my mother was born. I was born in Oak Harbor. My uncle was a chef at the restaurant at the top of the needle when it first opened. In my collection is a World's Fair dollar coin that were minted special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabi, I've really been enjoying your alleys! Great perspective and also wonderful shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like it, as usually. Its marker isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great sketches!!!

    PROLIX

    {ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
    http://prolix.typepad.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. josé, muito obrigado! it's actually niji waterbrush with diluted ink.
    thank you all for the comments, they sure keep me motivated to draw more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant.
    They may be fast for you! I'd make such a meal out of a subject like this. You make it look so effortless. I'd love to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete