Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things to avoid at the dollar store

©The Seattle Times
Do you wonder what things at the dollar store are just too good to be true? This story I just illustrated for the features section has some tips. To do the illustration I first visited one of these stores to get an idea of how they look and what things they sell. After my initial sketch I did the final artwork directly in Adobe Illustrator.
¿Te has preguntado alguna vez qué cosas en las tiendas de "todo a 1 dólar" son demasiado baratas como para ser fiables? Acabo de hacer esta ilustración para este artículo que trata del tema y da algunos consejos. Para hacer la ilustración lo primero que hice fui visitar una tienda de este tipo para tener una idea de cómo son y las cosas que venden. Después de mi primer sketch hice la ilustración final directamente en Adobe Illustrator.


  1. I don't think I've ever been to a $1 store! And of course you must come to so cal sometime. I am most sincere about the 'open studio.' I am a most gracious hostess ....a clean house and I don't cook! Would save you on staying at a hotel and the kids would love the enjoy the pool!

  2. I love this post as I am a huge dollar store fan! What a great assignment to draw too!

    Ha...I haven't seen the "Dinacell" batteries.