Thursday, December 13, 2007

Old fashion hat

Now that rain, or drizzling to be more accurate, is pretty much a daily occurrence around here, there's always someone sporting a good old fashion hat among my fellow bus riders. Perhaps they're back in fashion. I'm not sure.
Ahora que la lluvia, o mejor dicho, la llovizna, se presenta a diario por estos parajes, siempre hay alguien entre mis colegas del autobús luciendo un típico sombrero de los que se llevaban antes. ¿O están otra vez de moda? No estoy seguro.


  1. Love your guy with the hat fashion or not, my husband has always worn one like that and I love it! great sketches, as always.

  2. Thank you so much for your great sketches! Let me ask one question.
    You seem to use Moleskine with this sketch, but what type of Moleskine do you use and what type of paint do you use? There are tyree types of PLAIN moleskine, which is, Plain, Sketchbook and Watercolor. I began to use a Moleskine sketchbook, but it is hard to paint water color on it.
    So I'm appreciated if you could tell me what to use.

  3. Hi Yoshi, I use the sketchbook moleskines and do the colors with gouache paints. The pages are a little too waxy but gouache holds definitely better than watercolors. Hope this helps! I just bought a watercolor moleskine that I can't wait to try though. They have a landscape format and perforated pages.

  4. Merry Christmas Gabi,
    Thank you very much for your advice.
    I'll try gouahe though I don't have one yet.