Monday, November 26, 2007

Kerry Park


We spent early Sunday afternoon at Kerry Park and I sketched one of the most photographed views of downtown Seattle. I used a bigger Moleskine sketchbook that I got for my birthday. A spread like this one is about 10 x 8 inches (26 x 21 cm). A spread on the smaller Moleskine I use for my bus and other urban sketches is about 7 x 5.5 inches (18 x 14 cm). As usual, I went with Pigma Micron 08 for the line and gouache for the colors.


El domingo al mediodía estuvimos en Kerry Park, donde dibujé una de las vistas más fotografiadas del centro urbano de Seattle. Es el primer dibujo que hago en un Moleskine de formato más grande que me cayó por mi cumpleaños. Una doble página como ésta tiene 26 por 21 centímetros. La doble página en el Moleskine que utilizo para mis apuntes en el autobús o otros apuntes urbanos tiene 18 por 14. Como hago normalmente, la linea negra es de rotulador Pigma Micron 08 y los colores son gouache.


  1. You make me want to carry my Pigma Micron 08 around (now that i've realized i own one) ! Very nice piece.

  2. ... and i am so glad you give dimensions in centimeters!!!

  3. Those Pigma Micron pens are great and the ink is waterproof. You'll love them. You miss the centimeters too, ha?