Monday, October 1, 2007

It's a beautiful (gray) day

Sunday was a classic fall day in this corner of the world. At two in the afternoon it feels more like 5 p.m., it's been drizzling all day and you just force yourself to go out and do something, otherwise you'd stay at home in your pajamas until it's time to go to bed again. So we went out to run some errands and I sketched this in Woodinville from inside the car while Olivia was napping in her car seat and the rest of the family checked out a store. What a beautiful gray day it was. (Pigma Micron 0.8 pen and markers and pencils by Prismacolor on Strathmore sketchpad 3.5" x 5".)
El domingo fue un día clásico de otoño en este rincón del mundo. A las dos de la tarde parece que sean ya las cinco, no ha parado de lloviznar en todo el día y tienes que proponerte salir de casa porque si no te quedarías con el pijama puesto hasta la hora de ir otra vez a la cama. Así que salimos a hacer algunos recados y yo hice este apunte en Woodinville desde dentro del coche mientras Olivia dormía en su sillita y el resto de la familia iba a mirar cosas en una tienda. Qué día gris tan bonito que tuvimos. (Rotulador Micron Pigma 0.8 y rotuladores y lápices Prismacolor en bloc de dibujo Strathmore 8.9 x 12.7 cm.)


  1. Oh my goodness....this type of day sounds just wonderful... I love your description of just wanting to stay home in your pajamas.

    My fiance and I are actually considering moving to Seattle (or somewhere else close by)...and this is exactly what I'm looking for. I think we're going to try to get out there for a visit in March. I'd love to be able to meet you in person, if you're available.

  2. it'll be my pleasure to meet you and your fiance, let's plan on it! i think you'd love Seattle, it's a great place