Saturday, October 13, 2007

Doodleland



From the art of the masters to the art of doodling. Here are a couple of pages with two weeks worth of doodling on the sketchpad I keep over my graphic table. On the top page I drew a little step-by-step guide of how I do these while I work. It's not just pure doodling but also sketching things around me or images from the computer. I have fun doing a quick doodle every now and then to break the monotony. Click on the image to see it larger. (More pages like these ones here.)
Y del arte de los grandes maestros al arte de los garabatos. Aquí pongo un par de páginas con dos semanas de dibujillos que hago en un bloc que siempre tengo encima de mi tableta gráfica. En la página de arriba explico el proceso que sigo para hacer estos dibujillos mientras trabajo. No se trata de garabatos en el sentido auténtico de la palabra sino también de apuntes de cosas a mi alrededor. Me entretengo haciendo un garabato de vez en cuando para romper la monotonía. Haz clic en la imagen para verla más grande. (Aquí puedes ver más páginas como éstas.)

5 comments:

  1. I love these busy drawings! I'm sure there is something new to discover every time I look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eres un artista como la copa de un pino, solo por eso te guardo en mis favoritos para tratar de visitarte a menudo :) Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a smart practice. You have inspired me. This is definitely something I want to start doing.

    By the way, what is the difference between your graphic pen and your pigma graphics pen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzanne! By graphic pen I meant the computer device that comes with the graphic tablet and performs the same things you can do with a mouse. The other one is the fiber tip pen brand Pigma that is actually call Graphic 1 (for 1 mm line width.) and I used for the drawings. The computer graphic pen works just as well even with the sketchpad sitting on top of the graphic tablet. You can still navigate your cursor and click away, plus you get the nice feel of a paper surface instead of the slick surface of the graphic tablet. I'm sorry I didn't make this clear enough. I hope I didn't make it more confusing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doodling is a very underrated activity! These are fabulous!
    MD

    ReplyDelete