Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Partly cloudy, sun breaks


Fall is here. And knowing that we have many gray days ahead of us I'll settle for any day with this forecast: partly cloudy, sun breaks in the afternoon. That's the way it was over the weekend, when I drew this while the kids played outside. I enjoyed watching the clouds open up and reveal slices of a beautiful intense blue sky over the houses and trees in our street.
Ya ha llegado el otoño. Y sabiendo que nos esperan muchos días grises me conformo con cualquier día en que el pronóstico sea nuboso con algunos claros por la tarde. Ese es el tiempo que tuvimos durante el fin de semana, cuando hice este sketch mientras los niños jugaban en la calle. Poco a poco el cielo azul intenso que se escondía detrás de las nubes fue apareciendo por detrás de los árboles y las casas de nuestra calle.

8 comments:

  1. This is such an appealing sketch and your writing was a joy to read Gabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get poetic sometimes, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so American! Those trees in the background hint at some beauiful scenery in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (My spelling is always bad on your blog - sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, the scenery here in the Pacific Northwest is really cool, but nothing like Switzerland! ( btw, no worries about the spelling, it's just a blog! )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those fall afternoons - sunshine seems so much more precious when it starts to get rare...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabi, I LOVE everything about this sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you all like this sketch. The funny thing about it is that I started drawing something else on this page: my son's trycicle. You can still see the front wheel and part of the tryke's frame in the middle of the page. Then I also scribbled some lines which ended up on the tree to the right (straight lines that cross and form sort of a laberynth.) And after that I started drawing the houses, not really expecting much of the result. But it turned out okay. So now I know... don't give up on a page even if you've already scribbled on it!

    ReplyDelete