Thursday, September 27, 2007

I like my new camera but...



This is my newest digital camera. I'm supposed to like it better than the old one, which I drew a while back for Illustration Friday and you can see here. This one has more megapixels, 7.1 no less, video with sound, larger display, etc..., but I'm still attached to the other one, with its humble 3.2 megapixels, 15 seconds maximum of video with no sound, and AA batteries. I'm getting older, I know. (Drawing for EDM challenge: something you can turn on and off.)
Ésta es mi cámara digital más nueva. Me debería gustar más que la vieja, que dibujé hace un tiempo para Illustration Friday y podéis ver aquí. La nueva tiene más megapixels, 7.1 nada menos, video con sonido, pantalla más grande, etc..., pero me sigue gustando más la otra, con sus limitados 3.2 megapixels, 15 segundos de video como máximo y pilas de 1.5 voltios. Me estoy haciendo viejo, ya lo sé. (Dibujo para el ejercicio de EDM: algo que puedes encender y apagar.)

5 comments:

  1. Do you love your new camera now that you've spent time with it drawing it? Your drawings are wonderful, I've really enjoyed the drawings you've done for various articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so perfect! Your precision amazes me. It's a wonderful drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great drawing, Gabi! I understand exactly what you mean....it can be very hard to let go of a well-loved and well-used item even if it's in favour for something that has more features and capability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great illustration. I used to have an olympus I loved but now use a Cannon Digital SLR which I'm starting to really like (too big to carry in my pocket!) and a sony cybershop with decent video so I pack it along for the ride too! Go play with your new cammer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand perfectly your attachment to your old camera. It took me forever to get used to my digital and I still pine for my lowly 35mm slr. I guess I'm getting older, too. These are wonderful sketches. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete