Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Space Needle on a gray August afternoon

I drew the Space Needle from Westlake Avenue during a quick break from work yesterday. Thanks to the TV show Gray's Anatomy people everywhere know this Seattle landmark. It's such a recognizable structure and I thought it would be perfect for EDM's challenge #41: draw a landmark of your city.
Ayer dibujé el Space Needle desde Westlake Avenue durante un rápido descanso del trabajo. Gracias a la serie de televisión Anatomía Gray todo el mundo conoce este edificio tan característico de Seattle. Es instantáneamente reconocible y pensé que sería perfecto para el ejercicio número 41 de EDM: dibujar un edificio o lugar representativo de tu ciudad.


  1. As usual a very nice sketch.
    Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog.
    Greetings from France.


  3. Fabulous! The framing reminds me of Japanese woodcuts. Just brilliant...

  4. Great sketch of the needle! My husband was in Seattle a few months ago on business and he loved the area. Took dozens of pictures for me and said if he has to go back that I should go with. We'll see. Maybe I'll do some sketches of my own. :-)