Sunday, July 29, 2007

Volkswagen Beetle


I haven't been doing much sketching while sitting at traffic lights lately, but today I found myself at the steering wheel again and had my Strathmore 3.5" x 5" spiral sketchpad with me. At one red light, I was close to this beautiful old orange Volkswagen Beetle and started drawing. When the light turned green I put the pen down of course and waited for the next red light to finish the sketch. By then he had made a right turn and dissappeared so I had to add the last details from memory. But still, I liked the way it turned out, especially after I added color at home with Prismacolor markers.
Últimamente no he dibujado mucho mientras espero a que el semáforo se ponga verde cuando voy conduciendo, pero hoy me ha tocado conducir y llevaba conmigo mi bloc de espiral Strathmore. En un semáforo en rojo tenía al lado un Volkswagen 'escarabajo' de los antiguos precioso, de color naranja, y lo empecé a dibujar. Cuando el semáforo se puso verde dejé el rotulador por supuesto y esperé al próximo semáforo en rojo para acabar el dibujo, pero el 'escarabajo' ya había girado a la derecha y desaparecido así que acabé los últimos detalles del apunte de memoria. De todos modos, me gusta cómo ha salido, especialmente después de ponerle color con rotuladores Prismacolor.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! There is a car JUST LIKE THIS for sale at our local Volkswagen dealer. We were browsing the lot the other night (dreaming of a new car). I think they wanted about $6000 for it... and it had a flat tire. Outstanding sketch. Your traffic sketches are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete