Tuesday, July 31, 2007

People doing something (EDM challenge #129)


When I saw that EDM's challenge 129 was 'people doing something' I immediately thought about my bus sketches with people sleeping, reading, etc., but that's something I do regularly so I thought about going for something different: like this sketch of my 4-year-old son playing on one of his favorite websites, noggin.com. I did it a couple of months ago and it's probably not in the spirit of creating something especially for the challenge but that's as best as I can do for now... hopefully it'll get me into the habit of doing more challenges in the future. 8B pencil on 4" x 6" Strathmore drawing sketchpad.
Cuando vi que el último ejercicio de EDM era dibujar personas haciendo algo immediatamente pensé en los dibujos que hago en el autobús, con gente durmiendo, leyendo, etc., pero para variar pensé en ofrecer algo diferente, como este dibujo de mi hijo jugando en una de sus web favoritas, noggin.com. Lo hice hace un par de meses, así que no es exclusivo para este ejercicio de EDM pero es lo mejor que puedo ofrecer por ahora... a ver si me acostumbro a hacer más de aquí en adelante. Lápiz 8B en bloc Strathmore de 4x6 pulgadas.

6 comments:

  1. Love how you drew his hair (I struggle with that on my kids!) and love the perspective! The hands are great too! I shy away from fingers if I can! I love drawings of kids - my own kids or someone elses'! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Gabi your work is so professional. I'm always so impressed by your blog; and I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabi! Wonderful, wonderful sketch of your son! Such a tender touch to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really delightful! Makes me wish I had done the same with my two sons when they were this age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun stuff...and i LOVE all the kids drawings...they have such personality...and the vibrant colors! GREAT job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute sketch! And fun! I like the viewpoint, too.

    ReplyDelete