Thursday, June 7, 2007

My fellow commuters





This week I drew more than one person in a couple of sketches because they happened to be sitting next to each other on the bus. The result is more like a little scene, as opposed to individual, disconnected people that, in fact, all sit in close proximity. I'm going to try to do more of those. I also cut off heads, feet and even a nose. You can blame my miscalculation of space, but I don't quite mind it. It leaves some room for imagination, ha? As far as my personal favorite, I have to choose the man with the cane and the backpack... it seems like everybody, no matter the age, carries a backpack these days. Including myself!
Esta semana he dibujado más de una persona en un par de sketches porque estaban sentadas juntas en el autobús. El resultado es como una mini escena en lugar de individuos por separado que, en realidad, están sentados muy cerca. A ver si hago más así a partir de ahora. También he cortado cabezas, pies e incluso una nariz. La culpa es mía por miscalcular el espacio, pero no me importa. Así hay lugar para la imaginación, no? En cuanto a mi sketch preferido, tengo que escoger el hombre con el bastón y la mochila... hoy en día da la sensación que todo el mundo, tenga la edad que tenga, lleva una mochila a cuestas. Y yo me incluyo.

9 comments:

  1. Great sketches again Gabi. It all works wonderfully together...cut off heads, and feet and all...it does creat interesting and original little "scenes".
    Great job!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed visiting your page Gabi - great sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful - such interesting people. I especially like the page of profiles, and the woman in the headscarf. I'm enjoying your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bueno...great job...isnt it fun to put a bunch of people together on a page...as usual your work is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these people sketches, they are so wonderful! You really captured the individuals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is really, really great. I'm not quite brave enough yet to go out in public to draw - but if I was I would hope it would turn out something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encata tu capacidad de ver los mñas mínimos detalles que dicen de la personalidad de cada desconocido... y me encanta sentir que compartes con todos los que visitan tu blog, tus bocetos más cotidianos, pequeñas obras de arte... Gracias!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these sketch book pages - I agree that groups of people always make better sketches, and I always try to do that when I can. What also adds interest here are the differences in scale. And the drawings themselves, which are expressive and fun. You've been really productive this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More great sketches. I love looking at your bus people.

    ReplyDelete