Saturday, May 26, 2007

Spain sketches (I)




I got back from Spain a few days ago and I've finally started to scan the sketches I did while we were visiting my parents in Montemolín, a small and charming village about 60 miles north of Seville where they grew up and many Campanario's hail from. They have a house in the country with olive trees, chickens, a cat and live a very simple lifestyle there since my dad retired from his factory job in Barcelona a few years ago. From the house you can see the ruins of a castle that dates back to the 11th century. I'll be posting the rest of the sketches in the next few days.
Acabo de regresar de España hace unos días y ya he empezado a escanear los dibujos que hice durante la visita a mis padres en Montemolín, un pequeño y encantador pueblecito a unos 100 kilómetros al norte de Sevilla donde ellos nacieron y de donde provienen muchos Campanario. Mis padres tienen una casa en el campo con olivos, gallinas, un gato y llevan una vida muy sencilla desde que mi padre se retiró de su trabajo en una fábrica de Barcelona hace unos años. Desde la casa se ven las ruinas de un castillo que data del siglo once. En los próximos días pondré el resto de los dibujos que hice durante el viaje.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches Gabi..I love them all and look forward to seeing the rest!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabi,
    4 wonderful pages - the chicken and horse sketches capture so much - and the roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabi, welcome home and I love seeing these travel sketches. Lovely lively work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a part of Spain and your parents lifestyle. I loved the sketches.
    Lots of love from Susan in Australia
    Enjoy the journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...wheres my suitcase I am packing NOW to go:> especially like the roses...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sketches, Gabi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an amazingly talented individual. Your drawings look effortless but are truly brilliant. I can tell you have camera eyes that seem to select the proper lens to use when creating your work. I am an architect and I can see so clearly what you are drawing and how you capture so much of the essential character of a place or of a thing. Congratulations on your gift and good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete