Wednesday, May 2, 2007

More sports


Here's an old sketch I did a few years ago at the Indian Wells Tennis Masters tournament in SoCal. I got nostalgic about tennis after reading this post by fellow artist and blogger Ronell Van Wyk. In addition to that, my fellow countryman tennis pro Rafael Nadal was again in the news today after defeating Roger Federer in The Battle of the Surfaces, a unique clay/grass exhibiton match that they played in Mallorca. So all the right reasons to follow yesterday's racquetball action with a little bit of tennis.
Aquí pongo un viejo apunte que hice hace unos años en el Masters de Tennis de Indian Wells en el sur de California. Este post de Ronell Van Wyk me ha traído recuerdos de este deporte. Y además mi compatriota Rafael Nadal vuelve a ser noticia hoy después de ganar a Roger Federer en un torneo de exhibición en un pista mixta de hierba y tierra batida que han jugado en Mallorca. Así que suficientes razones para seguir el post de jugadores de racquetball de ayer con un post sobre tenis.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you nice comment, Gabi and yes..how can I miss a Nadal/Federer? Nadal is my favorite - he has a passion for tennis that we haven't seen on the courts for a long time, as well as being a "gentleman" in the game(as far as you can be one and still have that burning desire to win!), he never quits and he gives some color to tennis!
    I admire your action sketches, I just can't do that, I want to capture too much detail and there just isn't time! The one on the chair in the right hand corner, reminds me a bit of me...that's where I spend most of my time!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete